"Design the life you want to live. Learn to use your special strengths, gifts, and values to reach your fullest potential in your work, and still have time and energy for your personal life and interests."
Location: Swampscott, Massachusetts
How will clients benefit with you as their coach?
What results have clients reported after working with you?
- Gain more self confidence and a positive attitude about their career.
- Develop their own clear career strategy.
- See their possibilities rather than their limitations.
- Learn the steps to become a recognized top performer.
- Achieve work-life balance by making wise choices.
What do clients say about working with you?
- Job offer with significant salary increase after successful interview.
- Promotion after years of being passed over.
- Many new opportunities for different jobs after many years in the same job.
- More confidence, happier about situation and a feeling of being in control of destiny.
- More fulfilling family time.
What are 5 strengths you have as a coach?
- "I have always been very glad of the time we worked together. It really helped me to verbalize (to myself) my personal/professional needs and desires, and see them more as reality, and actionable, rather than some distant wish list that I wasn’t really accountable for making happen."
-- Geico Manager during coaching now Vice President of Human Resources of the Freedom Forum
- "Thanks to your guidance, I am no longer stuck in limbo-land. I am starting a new career, a career that matches my strengths and values."
-- Mother returning to the workforce after several years at home
- "You have a way of going right to the heart of what's really happening and helping me to see problems and obstacles in terms of strategies and solutions instead of anger and angst.
-- College Professor
- "I now find I'm able to spend more time with family and have more time to pursue my other interest e.g. I'm bicycling to New York from Boston in a couple of weeks for an AIDS benefit."
-- AT&T Manager
- "Your coaching has already helped me immeasurably (getting my promotion, helping me to look at things differently), and I greatly appreciate it. You’re also very good at what you do, and I thank you for your insight, and your willingness to share from your own experiences, your patience, your kind manner, and your sense of humor."
-- Vice President of a National NonProfit
What is your coaching philosophy?
- Affirming – I help my clients see what is good about themselves and their work even after they have worked in a challenging environment and are feeling burnt out.
- Practical – As a divorced single mother with two young children to support I learned very early to keep one eye on the bottom line and one on family life. I help my clients to balance different aspects of their lives in a down to earth practical way.
- Non-judgmental – Clients choose what works for them. I give them space and support to create and explore lots of options without pressure from me.
- Integrity – I am true to my own values and expect my clients to be true to their own values.
- Experienced – I have 15 years of consultative sales and marketing experience at AT&T and 8 years as a business and career coach in my own business. I’ve helped many clients to find totally new careers. I’ve also worked with people who want a new job or who want to excel at their current job.
Everybody has unique gifts and skills that they bring to their work. People who find ways to use those gifts and skills in doing work that they feel passionate about will feel more fulfilled and be happier in their lives. My role as a coach is to guide my clients on a path to find their ideal work where they use their gifts and skills and feel energized by what they are doing.
What types of people do you typically coach?
What is your professional background?
- Professionals (lawyers, consultants, etc.)
- Sales professionals
- Career Changers
- Business Owners
- 1997 to present Business and Career Coach for Parker Associates. Work with overwhelmed people who are ready to take action to make their work more profitable and their lives more fulfilling.
- 1982-1997 Sales Professional and Sales Manager for AT&T
- Graduate of CoachU and Successful Professionals Also am an Authorized facilitator of the Now What? program and member of the International Coach Federation.
- BS in Chemistry Education. Taught high school chemistry for 4 years and mathematics for 1 year in Massachusetts.
Ready To Get Started With Alvah?
Order online below!